This will be a bit of a different post...and it will be the only one. I love politics and government and watching it all unfold each election year. I get excited, I learn about each issue and candidate running. I watch the debates and get stressed out in the process but I still love it.
I have never lived in a swing state before. Now I know why some don't enjoy election time. The amount of political garbage that was spewed everywhere was ridiculous. If people don't do their own research, I can see how they'd have the wrong idea about the candidates if they are only learning their info from these commercials. Today I am so thankful that for a couple of years, I can watch tv and not feel like I have to fast forward through the commercials.
I have come to the conclusion that this country is very divided. I read so many negative things today. Regardless of who I voted for and whether they won or not, I can be respectful of my friends who felt victorious because their candidate won and respectful of my friends who were sad because their candidate lost. I heard of a friend being called a racist because she is conservative and votes based off of her religious beliefs. Can someone please tell me why this is a bad thing? We all have a right to our own opinions. We all have a right to free speech and whether we all agree or not it does not make us a racist.
I do not agree with all of my friends on many issues. I find that I am right in the in the middle on many issues. Some issues I am very conservative and others I am liberal. I know not everyone agrees with me and that is okay. I hope that others can feel the same way and just agree to disagree. I get the passion that everyone has towards issues they feel is important. I have that same passion but I do always try and do it respectfully...I may fail at times but I try.
I personally hope that we can all come together in a few days when some of the emotion has died down and work together. This is a great country but there is so much divisiveness and it saddens me.
Like I said, this is my one post on all of this. I felt the need to say it but I am moving on and will be praying for our President. Regardless of who is in office, they need our prayers and support.
No comments:
Post a Comment