I have logged on a few times and end up just sitting, staring at the computer screen waiting for me to begin typing...but I don't even know where to begin. Tomorrow will mark six weeks since my dad passed away. I feel like I am in a fog and am having a hard time focusing.
Last week just plain sucked. By Friday night all I wanted to do was cry. I have been told on more than one occasion to just take it a day at a time...great advice right?? I agree but it is most definitely easier said than done. It is still just so hard to believe my dad is no longer here on earth. I have days where I am sad and miss him. Then I have days where I feel angry about him not being here. It just changes from day to day.
Easter is quickly approaching. I have been watching the Bible documentary on the History Channel with my girls. I sat and watched Sunday nights episode yesterday and cried. I love Christmas but I think Easter is my favorite time of year in a way. I am a sinner. I try very hard to be a good person and while I think I am most of the time, I am very well aware that it is a constant struggle to do what is right and live a good life. I have made poor choices in the past and during Lent, I find myself becoming more aware of what Jesus did by dying on the cross for all of us.
I am looking forward to going to church on Holy Thursday and Good Friday and being thankful that someone gave up His life for me. I am not sure where I am going with this...like I said, I am finding it harder to focus lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment