Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A new year and it's flying by

A lot has happened since the last time I logged on here. We have adopted a little boy from foster care. We now have six children (three of whom are adopted). The day after we finalized our adoption, we officially closed our home as a foster home. It is a very strange feeling to no longer have anyone needing to come to my home and inspect it or check-up on any kiddos in our home. I will admit I cried the first day when I realized we were done and now I feel at peace. I was and still am disappointed that we could foster for four years, adopt three children, have 12 children in our home and be given no thanks at all for our service. I didn't foster for the gratitude but at the same time, it would have felt nice to feel like our agency had appreciated what we had done. A simple note of thanks would have meant the world to me.

We registered our oldest daughter for her high school classes. I am not sure where the time has gone and have no clue how she can fourteen already! She is excited and nervous...and so am I!! I know how quickly these next few years will go and it saddens me to know she won't be at home much longer...saddens me for me because I will miss seeing her everyday :)

I also marked two years since my dad's passing. I think out of everything, that's the hardest for me to wrap my head around. It feels like yesterday that he passed away. I miss him. I miss calling my mom and talking to her only to realize that my dad is listening in on the conversation :) I feel like I see signs of him letting me know he is still with me...is that crazy?!?

I have been struggling a lot lately with some different emotions. I will leave that for another post and it won't take too long to get that written. It's a bit more personal and I'm trying to find the best way to discuss it openly.

No comments:

Post a Comment