I am not good at goodbyes and as another school year comes to an end, I find myself having to say goodbye to some amazing teachers whom my kids have had the distinct privilege of being taught by. Some I have known since my kids started attending our local neighborhood school and others I have met only this year. Regardless of how long I have known them, each and everyone of them have be instrumental in my children's growth.
My kids found their voices this year and I firmly believe that was because of their teachers. Without their teachers support, I'm not sure that would have happened so early in their lives. My hope is that they will use their voices throughout their school years and life.
Academically my kids have come a long way. For my son, he is now grade level in reading and he began the year a year behind. Without the support of his team, I don't know if that would have happened. I have watched him grow emotionally and become more secure in himself and that has been such an amazing thing to witness!
My oldest will be ending her freshman year soon and I think now she realizes just how quickly each year flies by. Reality is setting in for her. In three short years, her life will take a new path and I am so excited for her...and sad because I am not quite ready for it.
This year has been quite unique. I'm not honestly sure how to put it into words...I can only describe it as eye-opening, disappointing, and a great year all at the same time. I have never been more ready for summer but this year I am. I am hoping that summer will help bring me clarity and motivation to prepare for a new school year in the fall.
My hope ultimately is that I can build new working relationships with the new teachers next year and support them. Teachers have a very difficult job and until this year, I never realized just how hard it was. I am so thankful for teachers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment