Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

One leaves and one arrives

Yesterday was a busy day in our household. We prepared for our placement to go home and took photos of all the kids together. I am going to put a photo album together for them so they can keep memories of any child placed with us in it. They grow attached to these little ones and I know it's hard for them to say goodbye so hopefully this will help a little bit.

Around lunchtime, I received an email from our licensing worker wondering if it was okay to call about another placement. She wasn't sure if we would be ready for another or need a little break to process everything. In the end we told her to always call because if we aren't ready, we'll let her know. She gave me the details on this possible placement and we said yes. So the waiting began for the phone call from the intake worker so I could get more info about her and where to pick her up...it turns out she is a real little one.

I received the call and the coordinating began. We agreed to pick her up at 7:00 because Natalie had a hearing test at the school district and then we were taking our current placement in so he could go home and also bringing our respite baby in for a visit with the parents. We arrived to pick her up after all of that was taken care of and found out we were very early. There had been some miscommunication and the hospital wasn't expecting us until 8:00 pm. So Steve took all the kids home and I stayed and watched all required videos before I could take her home. The girls wanted to stay because they were so excited to see her and I imagine while I write this, they will be up very early so they can meet her this morning.

It's been quite awhile since we've had a newborn and I forget how little they. I don't know how long we'll have her but we'll enjoy her as long as we can. I think it's safe to assume that our door may feel like a revolving door some days though.

No comments:

Post a Comment