Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Another placement

Friday we received a call for another foster care placement. We said yes even though we were doing respite for another foster family for one week. That little one was just so easy and because it was temporary, we went ahead and made the commitment for the new placement.

A foster care placement can last as few as a phone call, a few hours, a few days or much, much longer. I received a call last night letting me know that our new placement actually lived in another county so our county has no jurisdiction and he would have to be pulled from our home. It's great news for him because he's being placed with a family member but I feel so sad for us. 

This afternoon after the girls get out of school, we have to bring him with all of his belongings and give him back. This is the hard part of foster care...it's a roller coaster of emotions! The girls took pictures with him this morning before school and I know this afternoon will be hard for them too. They grew attached to him and so did I. He is so sweet and really so easy and just fit in so well with our family. 

I am trying to remember that this is good for him though and I have to say, we will really miss him even though we've only had him for a few days. My house will be so quiet again come tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. Your such stong and loving woman! I am so proud of you. You have so much love to share and the children you share it will should feel blessed.

    ReplyDelete