We have had our placement now for seven weeks and she just turned 2 months old. She is just the sweetest little baby and I have to admit, I am growing very fond of her. She is smiling, cooing and squealing and it is just so much fun! I don't know how long we will have her and I know she belongs with her parents but I know it will be hard to not have her here.
I hear from a lot of people that we run into that they'd never be able to do foster care...especially with a baby because they'd never be able to give the baby back. I always try and keep the mentality though that she is ours for now until it's safe to go home and we'll love her while we have her like she is one of our own. I get my baby fix with her but ultimately, we are not doing this for us, we are doing this for the many, many children in need of a safe home.
In the meantime, I am just trying to enjoy this time with her and I will worry about her leaving when the time comes. All I can hope is that we are able to give her everything she needs and deserves while we have her!
No comments:
Post a Comment