After hearing the news that my dad had colon cancer, I knew I needed to make some changes. Who knows what was the cause for his colon cancer but the fact that he had end stage and was 63 when he passed away just hit me...63 is just too young to pass away.
I have been the type where a new year begins and I make New Year's resolutions but never keep them. I turned 30 and thought, "okay, this is it, I will finally get it together". I now am 33 and it took having my dad die 3 months ago to finally get the motivation I have been lacking for so many years. I have lacked the motivation honestly to make the commitment and actually keep it.
I have worked on changing my portion sizes, trying to eat out less, eliminating pop entirely from my diet, drinking a lot of green smoothies and trying to avoid too much processed foods....which means more cooking but it's been fun to try new recipes and new ingredients. In the process I have lost 25 pounds and reached one goal for myself...I have a long way to go honestly but I feel like my head is finally there and I am slowly figuring it out :)
No comments:
Post a Comment