It is so hard to believe that 2013 is coming to and end. When I take a look back at my posts for this year, they have definitely varied a lot from the first of the year. I started the year determined to blog daily about orphans overseas. I blogged about my dad's battle with colon cancer that took his life way too quickly. I had posts about my kids and our new addition…and some I'd rather forget about my struggles with losing my dad.
There could have been many more posts. This year has been challenging for me on many different levels. There have been many blessings, too and I am trying to just focus on that. I am hopeful that in the New Year I will blog more and that my posts will be more positive and that 2014 in general will be easier.
I am looking forward to doing some more traveling…I have plans already and am hoping to take the kids to Mount Rushmore since we've never been :) I will have a teenager in the New Year (which just does not seem possible honestly).
We will also open our home back up to other foster care placements. I remember when our licensing worker told me we'd have to take a couple of months off after we finalized and I thought, "Why would I need to do that??"…but in all honesty, I am glad. We went to Seattle for Thanksgiving and Tucson for Christmas. We haven't taken many trips since we began fostering and certainly none that had us out of Colorado for more than a weekend. So this break gave us an opportunity to see family and take off for a week at a time.
I am thankful, truly for this year…it's a year I'd rather forget but I have also learned a little bit more about myself. I am looking forward to a new year though and to see where this adventure of life takes me!
God bless you and your family, Jennifer! Have a wonderfully happy and prosperous New Year!
ReplyDelete