Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

We have an official new addition

Thursday, November 14th, 2013, our family officially grew :) Baby A was adopted into our family…she has been with us since she was two weeks old so she's always felt like she was a part of our family but it is great to be able to officially say she is and to introduce her as Addie!

We are now taking a break for a couple of months from fostering. We are looking forward to reopening in the Spring but in the meantime, we are enjoying no paperwork, no monthly visits with caseworkers (although I will admit I miss them and always enjoyed them!) and being able to take extended family trips without having to ask for permission :)

It was a long 18 months. When we accepted her as a placement, we were focused on her being reunified with her birth parents but sadly that wasn't able to happen. We are now trying to navigate how to have an open adoption with them. We want her to know them as she grows up but trying to set boundaries and change roles is hard and something I am constantly questioning right now.

As always though, I have to say thank you for your support and prayers. It was quite the journey but really, the journey is just beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment