School is back in session for my kids. They went back today and Ethan will start back tomorrow morning. I have truly LOVED having them home the last couple of weeks!
We went to Tucson, stayed warm inside our home on the cold days while baking, watching movies and reading lots of books. I know they were super excited to go back to school this morning but I sure do miss them during the day.
So in anticipation of them going back to school, I have been finding little projects that can keep me busy during the week…besides hanging out with Addie all day and Ethan in the afternoon :)
Pinterest has become a fun place for me to find fun things to do and I pin A LOT…but very rarely ever do anything with the pins. BUT, I plan on doing a few here soon and can't wait! I am excited to make my own body scrubs, lotions and cleaners.
Here are a few of the recipes I want to try out:
Whipped Body Butter
Deep Hair Conditioner
Lip Scrub
Next week we will have a visit with our resource worker to start discussing our re-certification and opening back up for placements. Recently, I was talking to someone who works with Addie and I realized, foster care is my social life…is that sad to admit?? A lot of people don't really understand my life and that's okay but the caseworkers, CASA workers and GALs (while they may not understand my life if they have not been a foster parent) they do understand to some degree and I can talk to them openly and that helps.
I remember my last visit with each person on Addie's case and I felt sad after they left. I really enjoyed their visits…I am probably one of the very few foster parents who look forward to those visits!! :) I am excited about new placements in the very near future.
We spent time as a family and it just being us but I have that itch now and am feeling like it's time for us to help another child.
No comments:
Post a Comment