I look in the mirror every morning and do my morning routine. I noticed this morning the start of crows feet. Granted it's just the beginning and most people would probably not notice and think I'm nuts but I can see the beginning of aging. It made me start wondering when I will really see a difference and how I will feel about it.
I hope to age gracefully and embrace every line and gray hair. They are a sign of who we are and storms we have weathered...right? I mean, my stretch marks from my pregnancies are a sign of bringing a life into this world and while I hate them, I love what came from all of it.
I watched 20/20 and cringed at the thought of being pulled at and having needles stuck in my face. But in all reality, I have three daughters and if I can't embrace myself, how can I expect them to? I want to set a good example for them. I am not a celebrity or model and have to remind myself that even they do not look like that in the photos I see in magazines.
I'm starting to feel a little shallow as I write this...I guess it just hit me that while I am by no means old, the aging process will be here before I know it. I only hope that when the time comes I can still fully embrace it.
No comments:
Post a Comment