I've had friends stick by me and friends who have not. It leads me to wonder why some people stick around and others do not. Wouldn't you want someone to be there for you when you feel so sad that you just can't get in a better place? I feel like you can't expect someone to be there for you if you yourself cannot be there for others.
This has been bothering me lately because someone very dear to me is having a rough time. This person is feeling alone and sad. This person deserves others to be there in this time of need.
I get that sometimes it can feel overwhelming to hear the same thing over and over again and it makes it hard because you may not understand what others are going through which then makes it hard to not feel frustrated that this person is not moving on quickly enough. But what is quickly enough? Everyone deals with their problems differently. It may feel like they should be over said problem right away because in your opinion you would be but we are all unique and handle everything so differently.
I am fortunate that I have had people stick with me through my times of trouble. I am thankful that I have gotten through my dark times.
No comments:
Post a Comment