Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Each Sunday there is always a homeless person standing at the intersection with a sign. Recently we noticed a tree near the intersection and there is a tarp covering some of the branches. There was also a path with footprints leading from the tree to the intersection.

Yesterday on our way to church, we pulled off the interstate at our exit. As usual the same man was standing at the intersection. I looked over to the tree though and saw a woman walking along that path. It broke my heart. I cannot imagine having to sleep outside.

I have slept outside all night without proper clothing or warmth. It was when I came to Denver for World Youth Day. We camped out at night and slept on the ground...and it was freezing!! That's why I cannot imagine how someone could do that in winter.

I have been fortunate to always have a roof over my head and for that, I am very thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment