Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Our first phone call

I survived my first phone call with a placement worker this morning. I was unsure how it would go to be honest...my first instinct is to say yes to any child they call about. Thank goodness for Steve being a bit more levelheaded with somethings!

The call was for a 7 month old and 1 year old...boy did I want to say yes! Ultimately though, the visits are twice a week and the location for this case would be an hour away. I worried that by saying yes, the travel would be hard because of drop off for our kids and then picking up Ethan at lunch and the girls in the afternoon. I want any placement to be successful for everyone involved.

It was a good test though for me. I asked a lot of questions...some they can answer and some they cannot answer depending on how much information they have. I wasn't able to speak to Steve but we texted back and forth trying to decide which was really helpful. It's good to know that I can in fact say no because I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to.

I now feel a little more prepared for our next call though!

As a side note, I should mention that while I may post about our experience with foster care, I cannot discuss specifics about any child placement. I can share ages and gender but names and why they are in state care cannot be discussed because of confidentiality reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment