Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pressure

I read something on Facebook this morning from a site I follow. It was about a blog post from a mom. The poster was discussing feeling pressured to be the very best mom out there and spoke about how going onto Pinterest and reading magazines can add to that pressure to be the best.

I found it interesting...I am always questioning whether I am doing a good job raising my children. I worry that I don't spend enough time with them. I worry that I am not always patient enough with them. I worry they'll pick up on my bad habits. I worry, worry, worry!

I do follow Pinterest...it's been a few weeks since I've been on there but I have to admit, seeing everyone's "pins" sometimes made me feel inadequate. I would find myself "pinning" things just to pin them; let's face it, I am 99% sure I am not going to actually try most of the things I came across. I found some fun recipes and there were lots of neat hair tutorials and craft project ideas but to be honest, I do not have the time to devote to half of everything on there.

I read magazines and not that often anymore because I feel like it gives me a false perception of other people's lives...I watch my friends and wonder how they manage to handle everything that comes their way and at least appear to not break a sweat. It appears so easy for others. I have friends who homeschool and I for the life of me cannot figure out how they keep up with it, their own schedules, their homes, their life with their spouse and everything else.

I am trying very hard to just do the very best I can, not sweat the small stuff and just enjoy this time with my kids and be in the moment now.

No comments:

Post a Comment