Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Do you ever feel like you are questioned for who you are? I grew up Catholic and still am. I lived in Utah for a couple of years when my dad was active duty and because my family had five kids with one more on the way, it was just assumed that we were Mormon. At the time I never really understood why but now as an adult, I realize it's because typically both of these denominations have larger families (not always though). I have always felt that attending a Catholic church was something to be ashamed of. I am not ashamed though. I guess my point about Catholic and Mormon (LDS) is both come under a lot of scrutiny. I may question other denominations but often times it is only because I may not understand but ultimately whether I understand or not, I will always give them respect.

For me, I am a child of God...a Christian before anything else. I am a sinner and I try hard not to be but I make mistakes and all I can hope for is forgiveness and that the next day I can try and improve on each previous day.

I have seen so many articles lately speaking poorly about the Catholic church but also speaking poorly about being a Christian. When did it become unpopular to be one? I think there are fanatics everywhere. People who give different groups a bad name.

I know people who are atheists who are very good people at heart. I guess all I ask is that while I may be very conservative on certain things, I am also a bit liberal on other things that my opinions are respected. We may not always agree on topics but I can respect everyone enough to respect their opinions. I may not understand them but I can guarantee they may not understand where mine come from either.

I believe all life is important and has value no matter how young or old. I cannot say who will and who will not get to heaven. I never feel deserving enough that I will but I sure I hope I do.

I've just come across so many articles in the news lately where it's one side against the other and I just find it quite sad that so many people throw so much hate around. I question a lot of things that I read and question where it's coming from. I just always try and keep an open mind and remember there are always two sides to every story out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment