Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I feel like I haven't been on in a long time...school got out, Steve was gone, we had family visit for two weeks and did respite for another foster family. Finding the time to sit wasn't always easy but life is somewhat back to normal...or as normal as it can be for us anyway :)

I bought school supplies this weekend. It's hard to believe school starts back up in four weeks!! I really feel like it just ended. I will have a 6th, 4th, 3rd grader and a pre-schooler this year. Where does the time go? I know my kids are supposed to grow up but it just happens much faster then I would like it to.

Emilie has had a huge growth spurt over the last year. She is about 1 1/2 inches shorter then me and is thrilled!! She is asking all those tween questions about when she can start to do more grown up things...thankfully none of it is boy related yet!

Natalie, Kodie and Ethan are just as busy as ever. Ethan asks about school all the time...I know he misses that consistency a lot. Everyone is eager for school to start though. I am so thankful that they love school as much as they do!

The girls and I went to the candle store the other day...they were starting to stock the shelves with fall scents. I L-O-V-E fall...it is probably my favorite season of the year. It always feels like it goes too quickly though. Anyway, the girls and I had fun smelling the new scents and picked out a couple that we will use in a couple of months. It's really hard to believe though that it's almost that time of year again where life gets busy with school starting back up and then all of the end of year holidays.

It just really makes me think. Life literally feels like it is flying by sometimes. I am very fortunate for my life and the many blessings in it. I have too many friends going through hard times right now and it just puts so much into perspective. I know life is not always easy for me but I do have a good life.

Hopefully now that life is slowing down a little, I will find more time to sit and type away...there is so much going on in my head that I'd love to share/discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment