We are getting ready for our re-certification for our foster care license. I have been busy getting everything in order. What does that mean??
- Lots of paperwork to fill out (thankfully less than when we began the whole process though).
- Making sure we have our twenty hours of training and that half of that is from a classroom along with that it is from books and online classes too and not just from one source.
- Getting our CPR/First Aid certification up to date...which was so much easier this time that last.
- Making doctor appointments for physicals for those that need it.
- Ensuring that all pet vaccinations are up to date.
- And making sure there are no safety issues in our home that need to be fixed.
I have a huge green binder where everything is kept. One thing with foster care is document, document, document everything! I imagine the longer we do this, the more binders we will accumulate.
It's hard to believe we've been doing this for two years. We are almost at the one year mark though for doing this for children not related to us. And to think, at the beginning of this, I wondered if we'd be able to do it? There have been ups and downs but we're figuring it out and making it work.
I have been asked to attend a training as a foster parent to give a talk to other prospective foster parents in March. I'm looking forward to it...and dreading it because talking to people I don't know is not something I am good at. This will be good for me though. Hopefully I'm not too boring to listen to :)
No comments:
Post a Comment