I am not sure how many people read what I write or who are interested in anything I have to say. I feel like I have written about a lot of gloom and doom though lately. My family had life change very quickly and I had small moments of doubt but ultimately felt like everything would be okay. Regardless of whether everything is okay though, I find myself thanking God for all He does for me and those I care about.
This morning I was getting the kids ready hoping Baby A would sleep just a little longer and then the phone rang....and within seconds I heard crying and knew everyone was definitely up in our home. The phone call was a recorded message from my kids school. Apparently last week a student at their school had posted something very questionable on his Facebook page...before the tragedy that took place in Connecticut. Word got out though and it was spreading throughout the school...except my kids knew nothing about it thank goodness!! The situation was handled and dealt with and there was never any danger though to anyone but it's still kind of scary to think.
I talked with the girls this morning though about the importance of not saying random, dumb comments that could potentially scare someone else and that if they hear people making these kinds of comments to talk to an adult. I know they feel safe at school. They have lockdowns often enough that they know what to do....but how sad is it, that in this day and age, they have to teach the students about lock downs? I do not remember ever having those when I was in school. Times have certainly changed.
We also talked about how they can pray too. It doesn't have to just be at night..it can be whenever they feel scared. I know they know this but wanted to reemphasize this to them more. We talked about how they can talk to God whenever they want....whether they are happy, scared, sad or angry.
I sent them off to school though. I know they are being well taken care of and are safe...and they are a three minute drive from home so that always helps too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment