Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Orphan A Day: Jacob

To start off the year, my hope is to each day post a photo of a child overseas in need of a forever family. I know I don't have many followers...maybe I will get more...and if I don't, it's okay too. But my hope is that by sharing a photo a day, it will bring awareness and maybe one of you will feel like this child is your child waiting for you to come rescue him or her. Maybe you will know of someone who is looking into adopting and you can share this child. I first have to say, that although there will be a name with the photo, it is not the child's real name and where the child lives cannot be given out either. In the adoption world, we just say they are in Eastern Europe. If you feel called to adopt, you do get all of that information but it is ultimately just to protect the child's privacy.

Okay, so I came across this photo of "Jacob" recently. I love Jacob. Jacob is almost two years old and has cerebral palsy. Jacob will be transferred around the age of 4 if he is not adopted by then. Do you know what it means to be transferred? When children are transferred, they go to adult mental institutions. Many children transferred do not make it past six months of the transfer. All of the orphanages and institutions are country/state run. I don't feel that the workers there intentionally neglect the children in their care. They are overwhelmed and have limited resources and often times are truly doing the best they can.

Here is Jacob:




Isn't he beautiful?


3 comments:

  1. I met Jacob in May. Love him death. Thanks for writing about him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem...the first time I saw his photo, I fell in love!! He is one beautiful little boy!

      Delete