Okay...my last post was a bit of a downer right? How about something more positive...I wanted to share an organization that I really like. The girls and I picked out different items to buy before Christmas and they had fun doing it.
It's called Samaritan's Purse. It's a Christian organization that helps those in need. Have you heard of Operation Christmas Child? I would like to do this, this year. You use a shoebox and fill it with little toys/objects and candy that is then sent to a child in need all over the world. I've had friends who have already done this and I know it was a rewarding experience for them.
What the girls and I did was look through an online catalog and pick out different items to donate. We had many different options. Some of them to name a few were:
1. Teach a child to read and write
2. Build a school or impoverished children
3. Life-saving mosquito nets
4. Clean water for a thirsty community
5. Sheep
6. Baby chicks
There are so many more things you can purchase/donate. We decided on an amount to spend and then picked different things. I think the thing they got a kick out was being able to donate money for baby chicks for a family!
We look forward to doing this again this year and I just wanted to share this great organization with you all :)
No comments:
Post a Comment