Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Morning Thoughts

I've been praying a lot lately that God would show me the right path to take for the girls and their schooling. Ethan is in pre-school and because of some of his delays, I think he's in the best place possible right now to meet his needs. I don't feel the same way necessarily for the girls though.

The school they are going to is in it's second year of being open and has so much potential for success! Last night while watching the news though, a commercial came on about a website where you can find out the grade of your school in Colorado. I went on out of curiosity and while I know I should keep a very open mind because there is only one year of data to report on, the school received an F. I do believe some of that is because they do only have one year of data but it was still a shock. It just gives me one more things to consider in the big grand scheme of things.

Another reason I am a bit hesitant though is because we do plan on continuing our foster care license and are hopeful that we will be able to open our home to another placement in the spring sometime. There are benefits to having the girls home while doing foster care...it means being able to take the child if possible to their school they have always been going to if it's in their best interest. It makes it easier to have some one on one time with them during the day which then gives more time after school to a foster child placed with us. One problem I could foresee though is getting to any required meetings that might be held during the day if the girls are home with me. That would be where building a support system would help...and that will come!

I think way too far ahead and really need to take it one step and one issue at a time though. If you wouldn't mind, I'd ask for any prayers that God continues to guide my family as we figure out the best options for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment