Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Funk...

The last few days I have just felt like I was in a funk. Not sure if it's the lull after the holidays or if it's the fact that today after a three week break from school the kids went back. Although, Natalie spent the day home since she was sick early this morning.

I made a post on Facebook last night about taking a break. Sometimes I wonder if I am on there too much. Sometimes I wonder would I honestly be missed if I just shut down my account. I know I would by some but to be honest, I don't think most would even know. I'm not trying to garner sympathy or anything like that just stating what is pretty darn obvious to me.

To me, Facebook is a bit like high school and I was not really good at the social aspect of high school. I am, I think, a bit socially awkward. I have a hard time striking up a conversation and putting myself out there for fear of rejection. High school is not something I would ever want to experience again for various reasons and now, Facebook makes me feel awkward like I did back then.

Don't get me wrong, I love being able to stay in touch with friends and family....I think the problem for me, is seeing people respond to anyone and everyone except for me. I never expect anyone to respond to everything I post but when I hear that people are so busy that they just get on real quick but then see their posts to others, it's hard to not take that personally.

But I suppose the same could probably be said about me. There are probably times too where I don't post or reply to many people so I guess it's a bit ironic really. Hmmm....is it ironic? I always forget how to use that properly.

Anyway, this has just been weighing on my mind and felt the need to put it out there. Please take no offense because I cherish each person I know...like I said, I think I am just in a funk right now. Hopefully with getting back in the routine of things will help out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I miss you!!!! I understand that funk. Part of it, I think, is missing too the fellowship/sisterhood we all shared in Germany. Another part of it is living farther away from other family. Yes, our immediate family becomes our priority ~ as it should~ but I miss my family too.
    I always read what I can when I'm on. I don't really like Facebook for many reasons but I do like being able to catch up a bit on my loved ones lives..... even if I don't see them or reply back. So keep sharing what you can. I hope to see you at the end of the month when we come up for Steve's retirement on March 1. I commented Joanna and asked if somehow we could all get together. I hope we can :) Hugs dear friend. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, Yes, I completely agree!! I miss the community at Ramstein and the wonderful ladies I worked with :) It's hard living far from family and I miss that too...I think you've said it so perfectly for how I am feeling. I do enjoy Facebook but like you, there are many reasons I do not. I hope when you are here we are able to get together and with Joanna too!! I would love that!!

      Delete