New year, new mission. I don't tend to make new years resolutions because lets face it, I don't typically stick with it. So, I am going to try and put focus on an important issue all year. My new mission is bringing awareness to my family and friends about the plight of orphans living overseas.
With the recent ban of Americans being able to adopt from Russia, I have felt an increasing pull towards doing more. Have you heard of Reece's Rainbow Adoption Ministry? If you haven't, please look them up. They help bring awareness for children in orphanages overseas and through the power of many, we are helping to fund some of these children's adoptions to get them into a forever family. All donations to them are tax deductible. Adopting a child from an orphanage overseas is very costly but so worth it. Let me show you why. Here is a link to a blog. Read the story. I know many feel we should help those in America first. I believe in helping children here in America...we are foster parents and trying to do our part with that too. But, have you ever seen a child in foster care who was 9 years old and weighing in at under 10 pounds???? That kind of thing just doesn't happen to children here and for me, that is why helping children overseas is so important too.
Here is the link:
http://theblessingofverity.com/2012/10/the-story-of-katies-adoption/
Here is another link with before and after photo of a beautiful little girl. I believe it shows what a loving family can do for a child!!
http://thesimpsonsix.blogspot.com/2012/08/before-and-after-photos-needed.html
And another link...I am always just so happy to see how much they can grow once they are with their forever family.
http://angeleyesadoption.blogspot.com/2012/11/happy-1-year-home-mila.html
One last link to share...such a wonderful difference!!
http://thislittlelightproject.blogspot.com/2011/11/its-orphan-sunday.html
I know not everyone is called to adopt. But we are all called to help those in need somehow. Whether it is through prayer, giving of our time, talent and treasure, or adopting, there is always something we can do to help in some way. If you would like to help but don't know where to start, feel free to message me :) I'd love to help get you started!!
No comments:
Post a Comment