Tomorrow the kids go back to school after being out for winter break. They are looking forward to it. Emilie has a band concert coming up and we still need to go get her some black pants. Emilie really enjoys band and is doing really well learning how to play the flute. I am looking forward to having some normal back in our life with school and after school activities back up and running.
I wanted to add to my thoughts about my post from yesterday. I'm sure it may have came off as negative or not grateful for what insurance has done for my dad. That is certainly not it at all. We are so thankful and grateful that he was given a little bit more time. It's hard feeling like there is nothing you can do. Yes, we can pray and I am doing a lot of that...but I am also the type of person who tries to push for what is right. It's hard for me to let things go and I am working on that. Ultimately though, I am not near my family and me asking if people know of any options out there is partly my way of feeling like I am helping. I don't feel it is okay though to send someone out of state like that though with no way to get back safely. My parents have a five year old at home being cared for by a family friend and I know the distance is hard for my parents. This is not easy for everyone and it's hard feeling helpless.
I said these would be random thoughts today...but I sit here now and my mind is blank. I guess that is all I have to say this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment