Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The roller coaster of life...come along for the ride!

I have three girls all close in age. I have had many comments over the years and jokes about what life will be like when they hit the hormonal teen years...guess what? We are there!! I keep thinking they may not survive :) but really, I wonder if I will survive. I know many have parented before me and many will parent after me so ultimately I do know that this too will pass.

Emilie is a quiet child. Natalie is not. Kodie, well, she is a mix of both but is pretty easy still. The last couple of weeks have been challenging for so many different reasons. Everyone went back to school last week and Monday morning was a morning that I wanted to forget. We've been trying to reinforce the rules of the house and it was met with some resistance. 

Emilie shuts down, refuses to talk and is mad at me about everything anymore. Natalie gets upset, yells, runs upstairs while saying things that are hurtful. Two complete opposites and keep life interesting here. I feel like I am on a roller coaster with both of them most days...so, if you have been reading my posts, you will now know that I am on a roller coaster. I am on a roller coaster with foster care, trying to process my dad's cancer, having five kids, trying to potty train Ethan and girls with hormones! Fun times right?? 

I have decided, that although Natalie says hurtful things, I think at this point I'd much rather hear what she has to say then be met with the alternative of a child who refuses to speak to me and acknowledge my existence. I may regret admitting that but for now it's easier to work with someone who will at least talk to me. 

Today has just been a downer here...I am exhausted, feeling sad about things that I can't really discuss and ready to throw in the towel. But I just keep reminding myself that tomorrow is a new day and I thank God for that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment