Just a few days ago, I posted about Jacob. Jacob held a spot in my heart so I was thrilled to see him on the My Family Found Me page of Reece's Rainbow. My hope is that many of the orphans will also find their family too just like Jacob!! I know he didn't find his from my one post but I do hope that someone will see a child I blog about and feel called to adoption.
Okay, Lauren pulls at my heart because she is around the age of my girls. It sounds as if she is in an institution. I know children do not always receive the best of care in an orphanage but when they are transferred, the care is much, much worse. I've mentioned this before...I have read that many children don't make it past six months once they are transferred. Lauren deserves a family of her own. Lauren deserves out of the institution...beyond those four walls.
I have to assume that the damage that can happen to a child in an institution is probably like the damage a child in foster care can have after all that trauma. They aren't the same kinds of trauma but it's trauma. It just means ultimately that parents have to work a little bit harder to reach the child but it can be done and many do it every day when they adopt an older child.
Look at her beautiful smile. She looks like she is waving to her mom and dad doesn't she?

No comments:
Post a Comment