Isn't she a doll? Meet Lanie...Lanie will be 7 years old sometime this year. She is in need of her forever family. I have heard from people who have met her that she is so sweet!! Lanie is hard of hearing. This is something that is so easy to handle in a family. My daughter Natalie is hard of hearing...and for that reason when I am looking at children that could potentially be my child, I am always drawn to hard of hearing children. I feel prepared to take that on again...I am so much more prepared now. But, we are not in a position to adopt right now.
I don't know if Lanie is fitted with hearing aids or not but if she is not, I would imagine her speech is probably being impacted. Another easy thing to work on. I can speak from personal experience that when a child's speech is impacted and it is because of hearing loss, hearing aids will help so much. With my daughter, her speech improved drastically within one month because all of a sudden with the help of her hearing aids, she could hear sounds that were foreign to her.
I can say that most insurance companies do not cover the cost of hearing aids. Some states have passed laws that require insurance companies to still cover hearing aids for children. I believe it's important to know some of this info because hearing aids are costly but they can last anywhere from 5-8 years.
Look at that smile! Please pray that her mom and dad find her.

No comments:
Post a Comment