Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

My 100th post

Who knew I had this much to say to be at my 100th post huh?? Honestly, if I wasn't posting daily (or trying to) about a different orphan a day, I would not be here just quite yet...but I am :)

I am sitting on my couch playing catch up on Facebook, emails, and blogging instead of laying down sleeping because as the day goes on, I just am feeling worse and worse. I woke up feeling great and am now congested with a horrendous headache. I had every intention to clean my curtains today...it may have to wait until next weekend.

We have been busy in our house cleaning, organizing and building a donate pile. For people who know me, this will sound normal maybe but I get such a high cleaning house and de-cluttering :) not sure why but it makes me feel good!! I found a ton of things in my kids dresser drawers so that's what triggered this feeling that I needed to clean this weekend. Now we just need to get it all hauled off to our church and the bigger stuff to the thrift store.

We've been in our home for almost a year and a half. I have painted just about every room except for mine. We are slowly trying to prepare to start finishing the basement so the kids can play down there safely and so we'll have an extra room for people who visit. Finding time to do all of this proves to be rather challenging but it'll get done slowly but surely.

My dad is still hanging in there having good days and bad days. I am just so thankful for everyone out there who has been praying for him and my family. I have been trying to figure out how to prepare for his loss but I know I can't. His passing will not be sudden so in a way I think that is helping me prepare a little bit.

I am not only trying to prepare for his passing though...I am trying to prepare for baby A going home. I don't know if it will happen but if it does, it's going to be hard. The bright side is, I will handle it and be okay and so will my kids. When she was placed with us almost 9 months ago, I thought we'd have her a month or maybe a couple of months...I never imagined we'd have her this long. She is just so sweet. She hates car rides though...I have never had a baby who hated car rides. She is crawling, cruising along furniture and just developing/growing so wonderfully.

I guess these are my random thought for this beautiful Sunday afternoon, for my 100th post to my blog. Not too exciting but that's okay I think!


Just some random photos from yesterday...fun at the museum yesterday!


Family reading time last night...it started out as a punishment if you will but in the end, everyone enjoyed it and I do believe this will become a weekly thing for us!



No comments:

Post a Comment