Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

No Words

When the ban on adoption of Russian children by American parents went into effect earlier this month, I was shocked. I just could not believe that someone, anyone could allow this to happen. That they would allow special needs children to sit in an orphanage or mental institution with their needs barely being met depending on where they are.

I have heard that the families that have already passed court in Russia should be able to bring their children home to America. That's wonderful isn't it? I think it is but then I think about the many families who have already gone to Russia and met their children, bonded with their children but have not gone to court, who will not be able to most likely adopt these children whom they consider their son or daughter. I feel sad for the families who are ready to begin the process of adoption, who have found their child through a photo and who will possibly never get to meet him or her and bring them home if an exception to this ban is not made for special needs children or if the ban is not lifted all together.

It's hard to know if what will happen at this point but I know many are praying. In the meantime, there is a great organization that is in Russia that is trying to help children in orphanages. I encourage you to click on this link to learn more. If you feel lead to donate, wonderful! If you don't, would you pray? There can never be too many prayers for such a great cause.



I know I will be continuing to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment