Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Orphan A Day: Lina

Today I am posting about Lina. Lina has many medical needs and if you take a look at the below photos, you can tell that in two months, she has really deteriorated. Lina needs a family. Lina can't wait for someone to come along in a year. I know many are praying for her and trying to spread the word. 


From October 2012


From January 2013


With the recent ban of Americans being able to adopt from Russia, I worry about the special needs children in orphanages. I don't blame the Russian people. This is coming from much higher up and little lives are paying the price of politics. Children in orphanages overseas are not important and often times perceived to be worthless. If Americans cannot adopt them, they will languish in these orphanages and institutions. 


The above link is a small glimpse behind the walls of an orphanage. It is a small glimpse  into the life these little ones face...and I say into the life but really, what kind of life is this really? I do feel most people who are working in these orphanages are doing the best they can with the little resources they get but it can never be enough. What they need is a family to love them. 

I will keep posting about the plight of orphans because I am feeling called by God to do so. I know these images are hard to look at and it is hard to break out of our own life and advocate for someone we don't know but if you are feeling called to, please share. The more exposure that is brought to this heartbreaking subject, the better it is for all of these wonderful, little children. 






No comments:

Post a Comment